So my biggest issue I’m dealing with right now is finding time to write. I don’t have a writing area set up yet, but I do have a room all to myself for my writing. I’m so excited about it! I need to think of a name for the room besides office. Office sounds so bla. Something like Wardrobe or Writers Cove. Still working on ideas!
I also need to set up a time to write and once I start teaching (YES! I got a teaching job- yippee! I’ll be teaching 2nd grade), then I’ll have to figure out if early mornings or late nights will work best for my new schedule. I find having a consistent schedule and a home base to write in really helps me keep focused. Often I write in other places, but a home base is a must.
I love Laura Manivong’s writing space. She’s got color and fun all put together.
Things I NEED in my writing space:1. Desk and comfy chair.
2. Lots of table space for all my crazy webs and charts and cool words that I like.
3. Twizzlers (yes, this is a must)
4. A window -wish it was a view of this:
5. Figurine of Jane Austen because she’s my heroine.6. Email so I can frantically chat with my critique buds when I’m stuck.
7. Headphones (but only when I’m fast drafting, can’t do it during edits)
8. Water and coffee
How about you? Where do you write? What are musts that you must have when you write? Do you have a special name for your writing place?
Hello Florida! Congrats Debbie Ohi!