But just because it’s summer doesn’t mean we should stop reading and writing. I’ve teamed up with the YA Chicks and many participating authors on a global campaign to encourage readers, writers, students, and teachers to share pictures all of the places—both ordinary and extraordinary—where they are reading and writing. This is open to all readers/writers of both middle grade and young adult books!
You can also take part in…
A MONSTER GIVEAWAY!
I’ll be giving away a copy of GILDED + Gilded series swag over at the YA Chicks + below you can enter to win your choice of either GILDED, SILVERN, or BRAZEN here on my blog!!!!
And there’s more! Every author participating in this campaign is giving away books, critiques, swag and/or Skype visits.
So are you ready?
Can you guess where I am?
1. It’s in a country known for their chocolate croissants.
2. In a land filled with knights and fairy tales.
3. It’s called castle in English.
4. It was built on the foundations of a medieval fortress in Touraine.
5. This setting was one of the inspirations for a book project.
I’m just looking for the first word and if you still don’t know, go here!
Once you’ve figured out where I’m writing, head over to the YA Chicks site and:
- Officially enter the giveaway by inputting each author’s name and your guesses about our locations. Every author location you guess correctly increases your chances to win.
- For even more chances, post a picture of yourself reading or writing on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag).
For writer prize packs:
- Post pictures of yourself writing in a fun location on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere. Then follow the directions on the Rafflecopter giveaway to let us know you did it.
- For even more chances, gather your writer friends together and post a group shot with the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag). And hey, since you’re already together, why not host a write-a-thon?
For teacher prize packs:
- Post pictures of your class reading or writing on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag).
- Then let us know you did it when you enter the Rafflecopter. If you don’t have a Twitter or Instagram, you can email your picture directly with the picture pasted directly into the email (no attachments–we won’t open them) AND the subject, “Read or Write Anywhere.”
- You can also check out the YA Chicks Read or Write Anywhere lesson plan, available on their site.
Now, what are you waiting for? Get out there and READ OR WRITE ANYWHERE!